Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Better mileage better vehicle cheaper price?

Seems Hyundai or somebody out there in the known world has lit a fire under the proverbial American auto manufacturing booty. I just put a call in to a fellow budding auto enthusiast and it was reported to me that consumer reports on all levels rated an American made American engineered vehicle above.. Yes above that of two of it's German rivals. I own a German car and cannot believe this. Maybe it's because I also own American cars and drive one everyday.. But the ever moving snooty side of me cannot fathom a German vehicle falling prey to an American vehicle even a little. But boil it down and there it is like a good shooter next to a bad shooter.. Red. Circles for the good and black for the bad. Insane in my mind.. Or maybe I should get out of the tunnel vision my extremely well crafted German vehicle has put me in? Maybe I should drive all of these vehicles on my up coming time off?!? Hmmmm maybe Hyundai with their good vehicle fair price we trust our work massive warranty ways have lit the fire under the very people that needed it and left the German guys all confused? Or do us German loving people not notice until it's too late?
WHat do you think?! Should I?
On a side note I didn't get to test drive anything due to time constraints.. still there is a "stay tuned folks" clause to all of this.
Love what you drive, drive what you love.

1 comment:

mom said...

Interesting!! Since I have learned to love what I drive (a Hyundai), I can say that while it may not have been my first or even 15th choice when I traded, it has turned out to be an excellent car and has won me over. The warranty side of things is amazing too - far surpassed what I expected. I thought that since my car is "one of the least of these" in Hyundai's line up that they'd find a way to brush me off. Not so! They were fast and very professional as they dealt with my small issue. So Hyundai and that dealership will get my future business, oh yeah :)